At a recent meeting of the Chester Lion Club numerous donations were authorized.
Ranging from local to international, the donations will be directed to worthwhile charities that are, like the Chester Lions Club, dedicated to helping those in need. The following organizations will receive funds:
- Jersey Battered Women Services (JBWS), who provide assistance to women in domestic violence situations.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), who serves children who have been abused and placed under foster care. Volunteers represent children in Family Court, advocating for safe, loving, permanent homes.
- The Seeing Eye of Morristown, who’s mission is to raise and train dogs for the blind and to instruct visually impaired individuals in their use and care.
- The Black River Middle School Language Arts Award, in Chester, will be presented with two gift certificates.
- Lions Club International Foundation will receive a donation to improve measles vaccine distribution worldwide, which will be matched, generously dollar for dollar, by the GAVI Alliance.