The CHESTER LIONS CLUB, and its accompanying foundation, are a 501-c4 civic organization and a 501-c3 charitable organization, respectively, which has served the communities of Chester, Mendham, and Long Valley for over 40 years. Our club offers a diverse collection of members, but we all share one common desire: to help where help is needed, promoting the Lion’s motto: “We Serve.”
In addition to helping those in our immediate community, we also have helped many volunteer organizations and other worthy causes– financially as well as in other ways.
Below are some of the causes we have helped over the years.
- Local citizens are helped with free eye, ear and blood screenings.
- Volunteering time with organizations like Camp Marcella, a local camp for blind children, and Jersey Shore Workcamp, an organization that rebuilds homes devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
- Funds are provided to boy and girl scout troops, athletic programs, the food pantry, Chester Senior Housing and the library.
- Scholarships are awarded to deserving seniors at West Morris Mendham and West Morris High Schools for many years.
- Support for equipment and vehicles have been provided to organizations such as the fire and police departments and first aid squads in the area.
- Organizations such as Welkind Rehabilitation Center, Matheny School, The Seeing Eye, and Morristown Memorial Hospital are supported with major donations.
- Financial support for victims of major catastrophes such earthquakes and hurricanes and for victims of 9-11 was sent direct and also through donations to Lions International.
- Donations have been given to organizations that support our troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.